Why join the Music Education Council?
Membership of the Music Education Council allows you to become part of a unified and high-profile voice for music education, which has a view across the entire music education sector.
The Music Education Council provides opportunities for all its members to promote and actively participate in the cause of music education, and provides a national network for cross-sector participation.
MEC Corporate Membership: Key Benefits
- Opportunity to keep abreast of and contribute to developments in music education with colleagues from all sectors of the music profession and industry across the UK
- Active role in Council policy and decision-making through attendance at regular meetings of the Council and by contributing to the news bulletins
- Opportunity to make sure your voice is heard
- Valuable opportunities for networking
- Representation on Full Council
- Representation on the Working Groups
- Attend MEC events/meetings at a discounted rate
- Right to nominate and vote for members of Executive Committee
- Right to make recommendations to any Standing Committees
- Regular e-mailed news updates
MEC Subscriber (Individual) Membership: Benefits
- Opportunity to keep abreast of and contribute to debates on music education at national level through submissions or contacts with members of the Council or Executive
- Regular e-mailed updates
- Opportunity to take part in the Working Groups
- Opportunity to attend MEC AGM as observer, with incomparable networking opportunities from music education leaders from the entire sector